Stories from Bhutan
As a Buddhist Kingdom, and one of the most secluded countries in the world, Bhutan is a mysterious country to many. One which outsiders have almost no access, and if they do, only through government run tours. Many only know it as the country that measures Gross National Happiness (GNH).
In reality, Bhutan is a dangerous place to be a Christian, one where the government shuts down churches, arrests Christians, and denies rights to those who do not practice Buddhism . However, God is at work, and Harvest Bridge is blessed to come alongside 23 indigenous pastors. In this country of 750,000 people, 3,985 heard the Gospel, 485 accepted Christ, and 110 were baptized in 2014!
Here are testimonies and points of prayer:
- "Mr. Sonam* was a 45 year old Hindu man, suffering from cancer. He went to many doctors, but they could not heal him. He heard about our Sunday worship, and so he came to us. We began to pray for him, and God listened to our prayers. Biijan was healed completely. He repented, accepted Lord Jesus Christ as his personal savior, and was baptized. Now he is attending church and prayers every day". ~Simon*
- "The officials of our village won’t grant us permission to conduct sports programs, saying it is because I am a Christian and I try to proselytize to people." ~Benjamin*
- "A 37 year old Hindu lady name Preethi* was possessed by an evil spirit. She went to many doctors, but was not healed, and instead grew weaker every day. She went to many black magic people, but nothing worked. One day Preethi's husband came to know about our prayer fellowship, and brought her to us. We all prayed, and she was healed completely. Now she and her husband are coming to church and have been baptized". ~Simeon*
- "The Buddhist Lamas exploit the locals and instruct them not to entertain us when we visit, saying that we are agents of the devil." ~Anand*
- "Mr. Gopal* is 43 years old and is from a Hindu family. He was very much addicted to drugs, and due to this, he stopped working, and just fought with his family over money. His whole family was sad in this situation. One day, Gopal's wife came to prayer fellowship and asked us to pray for her husband. We all prayed, and then requested that she bring her husband to Sunday service. So he and his wife came to prayer. We all prayed, and God touched his life. From that moment, he left his drugs and gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. Now he and his family all come to church and have taken baptism". ~Lydia*
- "New converts are disturbed and harassed in many ways for opening up their houses for prayer meetings." ~John*
- "Mr. Ranjit Battarai is 35 years old, from a Hindu family. He was suffering from multiple head injuries. He went to many doctors, but nothing healed him. One day, while we were having a cottage prayer meeting near his house, Ranjit was invited by his neighbor to come for prayer. He came and asked us to pray for him. We all prayed, and God heard us. Ranjit was healed completely. Later he gave his life to the Lord Jesus Christ. He took baptism and comes to every church meeting". ~Paul*
Thank you for your continued prayers! If you would like to support the ministry, you can follow the link below. God Bless!Names changed for safety*