Stories from Tibet
Great things are happening within Tibet! Nepalese Christians are working with Tibetan refugees and nationals to plant underground churches, both in border villages, and within Tibet.
Most of our church planters here are in their twenties, and several are women. In the last 2 1/2 years, these 13 unique church planters have led 2,735 men, women, and children to the Lord. These new believers are in turn bringing many more to Him. Praise God and join us in praying for our dear brothers and sisters who continue to face persecution.
- "People I serve are illiterate and poor but they have great faith and they are very much faithful and obedient. They pray like anything for everything....Some neighboring people at first oppose us, but afterwards when they come to know the reality, they are very much open to the Gospel. Sometimes they themselves invite me to speak to them from the word of God."~ Rabten*
- "The witchcraft leaders and magicians threaten the new believers not to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Please pray for us."~ Yama*
- "A man named Lobsang*, age 31, had heart surgery. The doctor had told him that he would have to have another surgery, but because of our prayers, they did not have to do it. But then, there was continuous internal bleeding, and the doctor told Lobsang that there was little chance of him living. But we prayed over him for a long time, and he was healed on the spot when the bleeding stopped. Because of his testimony, all of his family members are Christians and are faithful in the Lord.
- My ministry goals for next six months are to reach first the children of Tibetan refugees, and then their parents, and establish the Church. I want to lead at least 60 Tibetan people who are totally committed and devoted to the Lord Jesus, and reach another refugee camp with the Gospel of Christ." ~Rose*
- "A couple named Karan and Pasang, age 32 and 30 respectively, had a daughter named Hema. She was 13 and had a brain tumor. She was taken to the hospital, but wasn't healed. The doctor didn't believe she would live. The family spent almost all their money on her treatment, but nothing healed her. At that time I met them and shared the gospel of Jesus, then followed up Hema in prayer and fellowship, and also invited them to our Church. After praying for about three weeks she was completely healed. Now the whole family are Christians and strong in the Lord."~ Ram*
- "Please pray for my ministry and Gospel outreach among Tibetan people. Pray for my ministry, as I want to preach the gospel to many people, and establish the Church inside the Tibet. Though it is illegal, I will establish an underground Church among them with at least with 40 to 50 people....Non-Christians oppose us conducting outreaches among Tibetans; sometimes they threaten us that they will burn us alive. Please pray for that."~Julia*
- "Please pray for complete spiritual healing of the people at the Nepal-Tibet boarder. We want to win the whole of Nepal and Tibet because only Nepalese people can easily reach the Tibetans for our Lord Jesus Christ and His Glory. Please pray for my ministry; I want to preach the gospel to many people and to establish the Church everywhere in Nepal and Tibet. Please pray that I may humble myself to accomplish great things for our Lord. Pray that I may have power from the Holy Spirit." ~Dorje*
- "The relatives of the new believers fight with them for accepting Jesus Christ and stop them from coming to church. Please uphold us in your prayers." ~Anne*
- "A man named Kancha Lama, age 57, is married and has three children. He had no peace and led a restless life. He was in search of peace. At that time we met him and shared with him the Gospel of Jesus. He also came to our church, where God gave him the peace he wanted. Although his family are not Christians, he is a faithful and strong Christian and comes to the Church regularly. Although his family is not happy with his decision, he wants to live with Christ." ~Thomas*
Thank you for your continued prayer and support!*Names changed for safety