"Pray that I can be a witness for His glory"
Harvest Bridge receives six month reports from each of our 190 South Asian pastors and missionaries. As we receive their prayer requests, we want others to be part of praying for these brothers and sisters.
Here are some of the most common requests, along with a little background. Thank you for your prayers!
- Protection and health for their families.
- Motorbike for ministry.
- Many of Harvest Bridge's indigenous pastors operate in a similar way as circuit riders of 1800s in the US. Because of going to unreached people groups, they often must travel far, and shepherd several churches. For example, in Orissa, one of our partners travels about 40 miles every week by foot to three different villages to preach the gospel to unbelievers and shepherd believers.
- Regular church meeting area.
- Some want to build a physical structure, and some simply want to rent a larger area. Most of our pastors meet in house churches or have open air meetings. This works well, but having a consistent place to meet is helpful for new believers, as well as more protected from natural disasters and attacks from radical groups.
- Protection over new believers, and for their continued growth.
- Continued and strengthened faith.
- An indigenous South Asian, pastor, missionary, or Christian will face more persecution, more pain, and more doubts than most people ever will. They need a continued measure of faith, to face the continual spiritual warfare in their lives.
- Resources to care for orphans and disadvantaged children.
- As James 1:27 exhorts, HB's missionaries and pastors prioritize caring for the poorest of the poor, the orphans and widows. This leads them to start schools and orphanages, as well as adopt children. Since funding is limited, instead of waiting for more money, these brothers and sisters give of their own resources to care for the children around them. For example, a Pakistani pastor and his wife have adopted eight children, so now they have 13 children in total, all under the age of 13! Throughout each of HB's countries, our partners pray for resources for these children because they recognize the need for these future leaders to receive education and love.
- Mats and blankets for sleeping.
- Partners in Nepal especially ask for these because of cold nights in the mountains.
- Prayer for their marriage.
- Satan loves to attack the marriages of those in full time ministry. The stress of long days, heavy persecution, and limited resources can pose a large threat to couples if not combated with prayer.
- "Pray for me that I can be a witness of His glory please"