Stories from the Andaman and Nicobar Islands
In the last six months 288 men and women accepted Christ through 19 church planters throughout the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, with 80 of them baptized!
These islands, part of India, are home to 267 people groups, with over 230 classified as unreached. Each church planter Harvest Bridge comes alongside is working with at least one unreached people group. Some of these church planters were among the first to accept Christ from their own tribal or ethnic group! Here are a few stories of how God is working among the people of these islands.
- "13 year old Hindu, Ram*, was an alcoholic, and went crazy. I met Ram in the hospital and prayed over him. God healed him, and now he is getting well. He and his mother, Saritha*, and father, Shajan*, all are coming to Church together." ~Rachel*
- "Nearby Hindus try to stop us, but God helps to continually keep us there for His service." ~Rachel*
- "On October 2nd, 2014 I met a man, Mahendra*, who belonged to a Hindu family from Ranchi, India. He was 30 years old and living at Nayagaon, Port Blair. He suffered from a mental disorder and was also paralyzed. When I prayed for healing, God delivered him from the problems. Mahendra has now started believing on the Lord and is coming to prayer meetings." ~Jacob*
- "Nearby Hindu families are working against us to vacate the rented house by telling false things about us to the house owner. God helps to continually keep us there for his service." ~David*
- "A 4 1/2 year old boy named Samuel* had a hole in his heart, VSD. When we were visiting the village and going on house visitations to church members' homes, Samuel's father was sitting outside their home and invited us to come into his house. He told us about his son's problem. We told him that we would pray for Samuel and that God would surely heal him. We prayed for the boy and invited the family to come to church. So God showed his grace on the boy and Samuel was healed. So now his parents, Anil* and Sophia*, are attending prayer meetings regularly and coming to church."~Vijay*
- "One Hindu lady, Kani*, a family woman, came to our church after hearing the gospel. But her husband assaulted me and stopped his wife from coming to the Church. He tried to stop our church service also, but we continued to worship and conduct church."~Kai*
- "A 28 year old Hindu lady, Mrs. Raja*, had cancer in her uterus. The operation was done but did not cure her, so the doctor gave her six months to live. In that situation, one of our Church believers, an older woman, Mrs. Nagammal*, told the family to call me for healing prayer. So they called us and we went and prayed for them, and we also fasted. Now she is perfectly healed and has passed the six month period given by the doctor. All the glory to God alone. In the midst of her husband’s hurdles, she and her daughter Rosi are coming to the Church regularly." ~David*
- "Yes, there was persecution by the opposition. There were some people living nearby our church and they tried to stop us, telling us not to worship. We did not care for their words, but continually worshiped and conducted our services."~John*
Thank you for your continued prayer and support!